Thursday, February 06, 2014

Marsha's Musings: How Do I Show Up In Other's Prayers? (Philemon 1:4-6 KJV)

I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints; That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. (Philemon 1:4-6 KJV)

Paul remembers Philemon in his prayers. He remembers his love and faith toward Jesus Christ and toward other Christians.

He prays that Pilemon will be able to communicate his faith effectively by acknowledging Christ's work in him to produce the good things that are in Philemon's life.  It says "every good thing which is IN you", so it is not talking about good things in his life in the sense of material goods and circumstances but rather the good qualities of Christian fruit that come from a heart toward God.

I wonder how people remember me in prayer?  Are there areas in my life that are lacking that become a focal point of prayer for others concerning me?  I want people to remember me in prayer similar to how Paul remembers Philemon.  What changes do I need to make in my life for that to happen?

And on the giving end of prayer, what possitive qualities can I thank God for in the lives of others as I remember them in prayer?

No comments: