Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Marsha's Musings: Four Things We Are To Do (II Timothy 4:5, 6 NKJV)

But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. (II Timothy 4:5, 6 NKJV)

Paul is concerned that the work of God continue.  He tells his listeners to do the following:

1. Be watchful in all things

Watch what you say.
Watch what you do.
Watch what is happening around you and in the world.
Watch out for false doctrine
Watch how you spend your time.

2. Endure afflictions

Endure implies patience.  It implies staying the course in spite of difficulties.

3. Do the work of an evangelist

Be ready to speak out for Christ whenever the opportunity presents itself.

4. Fulfill your ministry

Complete your ministry.

What is my ministry?
Wife, mom, and homemaker.  Blogger, and Facebook poster.
If I consider Facebook posting a ministry, how should that change the way I use Facebook?  a. stop forwarding junk  b. not use it to post my frustrations c. I would use it to post encouragment and possibly family news and photos.  d. I would use it to post things of a spiritual nature.Thinking back over my use of Facebook, I see I really do need to change how I use it.


No comments: