Saturday, November 09, 2013

Marsha's Musings: The word of God is not bound!

Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel, for which I am suffering, bound with chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound! Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. (2 Timothy 2:8-10 ESV)

 It is interesting to me that we so often moan and groan about how our society is tossing God and the Bible out of the schools and government and public places.  It's as if we think God is helpless to do anything about it.

But the Bible says the word of God is not bound! This tells me that God is going to accomplish His will in spite of what is happening to prevent it.  God will use the sinful actions of men to bring about His plan and purpose!


No comments: