Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Birthday

The Bible tells us to number our days.  Why?  That we might gain a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 90:12 ¶ So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom.
(NKJV)

How does numbering our days do this?  If we live with out dying day in mind, then we will act more wisely in the things we do and say.  We will be more inclined to do those things that are more important and of lasting value if we realize our time is limited.

I can't say that I have succeeded in doing this.  But with God's help, I hope to do better at this.  Each birthday is a reminder that our time is limited.  (Why is it that when we are young, each birthday makes us think we are going to live forever, but when we get older we realize each birthday means our time is limited?)

I am looking forward in anticipation to what God wants to teach me this coming year.  I hope that when my next birthday rolls around (God willing) that I can look back and name the thing He he has taught me this year.

No comments: