Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Quiet Time Reflections

2Ch 12:1 ¶ And it came to pass, when Rehoboam had established the kingdom, and had strengthened himself, he forsook the law of the LORD, and all Israel with him.

I see that success can leave one vulnerable to pride and to forsaking God.
I see that forsaking God can have a ripple effect--all Israel went with him. I never know how many people I may lead astray if I forsake God.

2Ch 12:5 Then came Shemaiah the prophet to Rehoboam, and to the princes of Judah, that were gathered together to Jerusalem because of Shishak, and said unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Ye have forsaken me, and therefore have I also left you in the hand of Shishak.

I see that God will bring judgment on those that forsake Him.

2Ch 12:6 Whereupon the princes of Israel and the king humbled themselves; and they said, The LORD is righteous.

I see that humility is the way back into God's favor.

2Ch 12:14 And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD.

I see that when I fail to prepare my heart to seek God, I do evil. I should not come into His presence flippantly.


2Ch 14:11 And Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O LORD, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee.

I see that God is all powerful, in control of all. He can do great things with few or with many and with those who have no power.
What a comfort this is!

No comments: