Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quiet Time Reflections for Today~Oct

A Command to Obey:
Ps 148:13 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.

How does this apply to my life?
If the Lord's name alone is excellent, then it is He alone that I should praise. When I see my kids doing well or I'm happy about something I've accomplished I should say, "Look what God has helped you to do!" or "God has blessed you with talent." or "God gave me the strength or focus to accomplish this."

My Prayer:
Lord, I often fail to give You the credit and glory. Too often I try to make myself or others look good when it's You that is behind any good or accomplishment that we do. Keep me mindful of who is getting the praise and credit.

No comments: