Monday, October 26, 2009

Quiet Time Reflections for Today~Oct 26

A Promise:
2Sa 22:29 "For You are my lamp, O LORD; The LORD shall enlighten my darkness.

Timeless Principle:
2Sa 22:4 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.

2Sa 22:26 "With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful; With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless;
27 With the pure You will show Yourself pure; And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.
28 You will save the humble people; But Your eyes are on the haughty, that You may bring them down.

2Sa 22:31 As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

Other verses that jumped out at me:

2Sa 24:24 Then the king said to Araunah, "No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price; nor will I offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God with that which costs me nothing." So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.

How does this apply to my life?
God's way is perfect. Do I really believe this...when I am in pain, when money is tight, when loved ones are ill, when life gets hard, do I really believe it? If I do, do I act like it?

David would not offer God something that cost him nothing. Do I do this? Do I offer God that which cost me nothing? Do I offer God the left overs of my day, my time, my talents, my money?


No comments: