Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quiet Time Reflections for Today~Oct 15

Ps 143:2 And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.

Sobering statement there in verse 2. "...in thy sight shall no man living be justified." This is the whole reason for Jesus coming and dying on the cross for us. Jesus took on Himself our sin and God judged Him instead of us. It is only through Jesus that we can be justified freely through His grace. We can't work our way to heaven. We can't by our good works make ourselves good enough to be accepted by God. If we are depending on our works to justify us before God we are sorely mistaken. If we persist in doing it our own way, we will not be justified before God. Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the Father but by Him. We have only to fall on His grace.

Ps 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.

This is so important in these days of trouble. When things get tough, we need to remember God's work of the past and be encouraged knowing that if He provided for us in the past He can do again. We need to remember the blessings He has showered on us and be thankful.

Ps 143:8 Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

What a great prayer! Search God's Word in the morning to start your day off with His lovingkindness. Trust in Him. Ask Him to show you how you should order your day and lift your soul up to Him. I should post this prayer on my walls.

Ps 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

Another prayer to add to the one above..."Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God..." I need to be teachable. In homeschooling, my kids need to be teachable or we won't accomplish anything at all. As God's child, I need to be teachable.

No comments: