Monday, October 12, 2009

Quiet Time Reflections for Today

Today, in my Quiet Time, I read Psalm 139. This is by far one of my favorites!

Ps 139:1 ¶ <> O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

God knows all about me. In one sense this is comforting, in another it is kind of scary and sobering. It's comforting knowing that He is aware of all that I do and all that happens to me. It's scary and sobering in that there are some things I would rather He did not know about me. It causes me to be more careful about my thought life and my actions.


Ps 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

God knew all about my body before it was ever made. He planned for certain parts to not work properly and He had a good purpose in mind for this...something for my spiritual good. My spiritual good is more important than my physical comfort.

Ps 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

This is my prayer for today.

No comments: