Friday, August 22, 2008

Marsha's Musings: A Matter of Perspective

This week has been quite a week. It has been a mixture of good and bad, kind of a roller coaster ride all week. It was our vacation week, our 25th Anniversary and my birthday (tomorrow, but celebrated tonight. I am writing this from my parent's home on Friday night).

It's easy for me to focus on everything that went wrong with the week. From getting stranded with two flat tires, to bad weather, to coming down with a cold...and many other things that went wrong, but as I was reading my Bible last night, the verse was from Psalms 107:8 "Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men."

I realized I have a choice. My perspective can either be negative, thinking about how many things didn't work out the way I had planned them and feeling sorry for myself or my perspective can be positive, thinking about all that God has blessed me with instead. My natural tendancy would be the negative side, but with God's help, I am learning to think on the positive side. Something that has been flashing in my mind a lot this week when things have gotten tough is the phrase from the verse at the top of my blog. "My (God's) strength is made perfect in weakness". Many times this week, I've been praying, "Give me Your strength for my weakness." He has come through for me.

I have many blessings from this week I can praise God for:
  • A loving family to celebrate with & spend time with
  • Time out to relax in a nice hotel with gluten free food I could enjoy
  • A husband who has been faithful to me for 25 years
  • Two great kids
  • A funny Pug-dog
  • Fun in Couer d'Alene
  • My sister and her husband who took our kids for part of a day and entertained them for us and gave my parents a break while my husband and I went to the Hotel for the night.
  • The sun came back out again today
  • God loves me and has given me eternal life and a home in heaven
  • Friends who love us and also celebrate with us
  • I have so many blessings that I can't count them all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Marsha, on your
25 Anniversary. Thnaks for stopping by my blog. I was almost ready to give up on blogging but when I saw that you came by - it gave me a little encouragement. There are several I love to read and yours is one of them. But I often wondered if anyone read mine.
I know I'm not very good yet and have alot to learn - but it is encouraging when you know someone passes by and leaves a comment.
I love your Musings. They are such a blessing to me as we have been thru a lot lately. But like you, we try to stay positive. Stop by anytime.