Saturday, December 16, 2017

Just about 1 week from our departure to North Carolina

We have just 11 days before Sarah and I leave for our trip to North Carolina.  It's beginning to get very real. 😬. Sarah has had a whirlwind of activity lately, trying to see friends one last time before she leaves.  It's bittersweet, but she says she isn't regretting her decision.  That's a good thing.

I'm trying to figure out how to pack the very minimum of things so I don't take up any more of her precious packing room in the car then I have too.   I'm learning to be creative.  I've shrunk my discbound planner down by less than half of what it was.  I'm only carrying two months of planner pages, a small amount of note paper, one zipper pouch, one phone pouch, once pocket page, the monthly pages and two Bible pages.

I’m packing 8 days of socks and undies & will do laundry in NC.  I’m going to get along with three shirts and two pairs of jeans, a vest and jacket with wool hat and gloves.

Of course my iPad and iPhone with charging cords will go and if I fit my keyboard in I will.  I also hope to fit in my smallest Journible.

We are packing snacks for the road, handwrmers, tow rope, and other emergency items and I will be sitting on an open sleeping bag, that I will leave in NC when I come home.  

I have loose leaf Bible pages designed for 3 or 7 ring half page binders.  I experimented with two pages to make them into disc bound pages.  The first page I cut off sticky sealing flaps from business size envelopes and stuck one on each side of the original holes and then punch the disc binder holes over that.  I don't like that because it makes the binding edge three papers thick.  So I tried just punching the disc holes in the paper with all the ring binder holes and it works!  So I will take 2 Thessalonians with me to study on our trip.  I'm a happy camper now.

Sarah's piles are gettting bigger by the day now.  I suggested she make two piles.  Pile #1 will be the necessities and Pile #2 will be the items that can go if they fit.

Well, we currently have three and a half inches of snow on the ground.  It was quite a dumping last night.  I got stuck trying to get out of our neighborhood last night, but managed to work my way out of it.  Then I got stuck in my driveway here at home.  I'm trying not to worry about the snow.  I'm hoping that the weather will get this out of it's system this week and then be clear for us to drive on Dec. 26.  I'm praying for God to give us a clear path.

I set up my iPhone that I bought for the trip.  It is so much easier to use than that piece of junk I had before.  Half the time I couldn't figure out how to answer the dum thing and texting was such a chore.  It was worthless.  I hope this will serve me well.  I'm using Total Wireless by Tracfone.  I know Tracfone isn't the greatest cell service on the planet, but it's what we can afford and when I get back home I can drop the data by buying $25 phone cards instead of $35 cards.  When I have wifi most of the time, data really isn't necessary.

I have to keep telling myself to take one day at a time and not worry about the rest.  My mind takes off and then I start thinking of all the possible things that can go wrong on a trip across the country like this and then I lose sleep.  The preparations have been made. One day at a time. 

--
Join My Weekly Devotional List
mliddings@gmail.com

Bridal Shower Devotional Talk Resource eBook
http://middings.blogspot.com/p/bridal-shower-devotional-resource-book.html

No comments: