Sunday, November 26, 2017

Favorite Products: Echo Dot

The Echo Dot is a small device that is big on “skills”.  I have mine in the kitchen.  I use it most for timing things.  I love that I can have numerous timers going at once with echo and echo will keep track of all of them.  For example, I can say, “Echo, set a rice timer for 15 minutes.”  Echo will do just that.  Then I ask it to set a potato timer for 20 minutes and it will set the timer.  Later, I can ask, “Echo, how much time is left on the rice timer?” And Echo will tell me.  When a timer is finished, Echo will say, “Your rice timer is done” or whatever timer it is that is done.

Echo will also play iHeart Radio for me and I can choice whatever music or radio station I want to hear.

If I want to take a nap, or use Echo in the bedroom, I can set alarm clocks and Echo will wake me when I want to wake up or I can tell Echo to snooze.

I can ask Echo for my flash briefing. I have my Echo programmed to give me the Fox News briefing, This Day in History, and a daily Bible verse.

There are many things you can do with Echo that I have not used.  For instance, you can order items from Amazon direct from Echo.

If you have a smart phone with the Alexa app installed, you can send messages to friends or relatives who also have Alexa devices.  I still have yet to learn how to use that feature.

It’s a fun little device and it’s not a lot of out of pocket expense.

No comments: