Friday, November 03, 2017

Book Recommendation





I am reading this book right now.  I am almost finished with it.  I would like to recommend it to you.  It is written from a Christian perspective.  The author's advice on mindset is invaluable.  It is helpful not only in thinking about the anxiety and fear of terrorism but also is helpful for all areas of life that cause us anxiety and fear.  This is a book that I will go back to again and again.

In a practical sense, I have learned that how I conduct myself in everyday things as I go out to run errands can make a difference in whether I am an easy target or not.  Learning the color codes and assessing what color code I am in at any given time has changed how I look at the world around me.  Learning about the OODA is helpful too.

The color codes are

White: unaware
Yellow: relaxed but aware of surroundings
Orange: sensing danger, ready to act
Red: taking action
Black: one who has been taken down by the enemy

Each color code is expanded upon in the book.

The OODA is
Observing
Orientation
Decide
Act

Each one of these OODA items are discussed at length in the book.

The author also details some physical excercises you can do so that you can fight an attacker off.

This book is well worth the $3.99 it costs.  Get it and learn how to protect yourself.

No comments: