Monday, October 23, 2017

Devotional: Hide and Seek in the Old Mansion



Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

Hide and Seek in the Old Mansion



One of the fun things about living in a big old mansion is the endless possibilities for hide and seek. What made it even more fun was playing hide and seek with our German Shepherd. Someone would make Queen sit and stay while I would run and hide somewhere. I usually found a place deep in a closet. Then I'd shout, "OK!" They would let go of the dog and say, "Go find her, Queen!" Off she'd run sniffing here and there until her nose finally led her to my hiding spot. Of course, the anticipation of her cold wet nose in my face always brought great squeals of laughter and screaming when at last she found me.


It was difficult to hide from Queen. German Shepherd's have extremely good noses and can sniff out anything it seems. I guess that is why they are so good as police dogs. However, it is impossible to hide from God.


He sees everything. The Bible even says He knows our thoughts. The book of Job says, "Behold, I know your thoughts, and the devices which ye wrongfully imagine against me." (Job 21:27) And David says, "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts". (Psalm 139:23)


We might think we are hiding things from God, but we are not. He knows every idle thought of our heart. God doesn't play hide and seek games. Like David, it's best to come clean with God. He is there ready to forgive us when we come to Him in true repentance.

No comments: