Monday, August 08, 2016

Devotional: Current News and Hope



“I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,”
Ephesians 1:18 NASB

So the verse above is part of Paul's prayer for his readers.  What a wonderful prayer to pray for our family and friends!  

The news is so hopeless these days!  I've gotten so disgusted with the news lately that I have  unfollowed everything on my newsfeed that has to do with politics and I deleted a news app I had on my iPod because it's always bad news, every single day.  Even the Christian podcasts and live news wires are full of bad news!  

But then I see this prayer of Paul's.  What does he pray for us? 

1. That the eyes of our heart may be enlightened
2. That we would know the HOPE of His calling
3. That we would know what are the RICHES of the glory of His INHERITANCE 

This is a breath of fresh air in the smoke of all the bad news that comes across our news sources!  We need HOPE these days.  Our only true hope is in Jesus Christ.  We have a wonderful inheritance waiting for us in heaven.  Sometimes I get so caught up in all the politics and bad news, I forget that I have hope in Jesus Christ.  I get too focused on the bad stuff and before long it's all I can think about.

I need the eyes of my heart enlightened to know the hope I have and the inheritance waiting for me.  This is what I need to spend more of my time on.  How about you?

------------------------

 
If you would like to receive these weekly devotionals in your inbox sign up here.
Please visit me at Sufficient Grace For Suffering Saints

If you or someone you know needs help preparing a shower talk, here is help!  Bridal Shower Talk Help
 

No comments: