Monday, July 04, 2016

Devotional: No Longer I Who Live, but Christ Lives In Me




I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.  Galatians 2:20


When we are saved, our old life is crucified with Christ and He lives through us.  It's the only way we can live the Christian life for God's glory.

The cool thing about this verse is that it shows us that it's not our strength that does this.  It is the strength of Jesus Christ living through us that makes it possible.  This is why He gets all the glory.  If it were up to us to obey rules and laws in order to be a Christian, we would fail miserably, but Christ already did that for us and then He lives His life through us as we yield to Him.

-----------
 
If you would like to receive these weekly devotionals in your inbox sign up here.
Please visit me at Sufficient Grace For Suffering Saints

If you or someone you know needs help preparing a shower talk, here is help!  Bridal Shower Talk Help
 

No comments: