Monday, June 20, 2016

Devotional: Tender Merices



James 5:7,12

 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Do you ever find yourself wishing the Lord would hurry up and come?  I know I do.

As I watch the news each day and see all that is wrong in the world and our nation, it makes me anxious for the Lord's return.  As I see loved ones suffer and die from horrible illnesses and as I deal with my own physical issues, I find myself wishing the Lord would just hurry up and come take me out of here.

I bet you have had your times of feeling this way too.  But James tells us to be patient while we wait.  God has His time table just like the farmer who plants a crop, He waits for just the right time to harvest.  God isn't ready to harvest yet.

Look to those who have gone on ahead of us and the trials they patiently endured.  See how God was tender and merciful toward them. He will be tender and merciful toward you and me as well as we wait for His return. We may endure hardships in this world, He will go through them with you and in the end God will greet us with tender mercies.

Even now, God gives us tender mercies each day.  Today take some time to sit down and write down some of the mercies God has showered upon you even in your hardships.

------------------------


 
If you would like to receive these weekly devotionals in your inbox sign up here.
Please visit me at Sufficient Grace For Suffering Saints

If you or someone you know needs help preparing a shower talk, here is help!  Bridal Shower Talk Help
 

1 comment:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Great thoughts and nice encouragement to wait patiently on His return.