Thursday, March 26, 2015

Marsha's Musings: When the News Worries Me, Remember This. (Psalm 4:6-8)



There are many who say, “Who will show us some good? Lift up the light of your face upon us, O Lord!” You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound. In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:6-8 ESV)

The news is often bleak. Our Facebook feeds are full of bad news. The nightly news on TV is bad. The newspaper headlines are bad. I have often said, "Why don't they ever report good news?!"

The Psalmist says there are many who say the same thing. “Who will show us some good?"  Life gets scarier every day and we wonder if it's even safe to travel anywhere....even to the store!  

But the last verse of this Psalm sums it up nicely.

In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

God alone keeps us safe and He will not let anything take us out of this world until He decides it is our time to go.  With that knowledge and assurance I can lie down and sleep in peace.

No comments: