Friday, November 07, 2014

Marsha's Musings: Remember These Things. (2 Peter 1:12-14 KJV)

         



Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. (2 Peter 1:12-14 KJV)

Paul didn't think he could remind his listeners too much about the importance of being diligent to cultivate Christian virtues in their lives through the knowledge of Jesus Christ and His Word.  Why is it so important that we learn these things and be reminded of them?  It's important so that we will be established in them.  When trials and persecutions come our way, if we are established in God's Word and have these Christian virtues in our lives we will persevere in the faith and will not fall.  We will be able to be patient under it all. Patience is grace under pressure and we need the Word of His Grace daily to endure in the day of adversity.

No comments: