Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Marsha's Musings: Actions Speak Louder than Words (James 3:13 NKJV)

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. (James 3:13 NKJV)

Actions speak louder than words.  One can claim he is older and therefore wiser than another. One can just claim they are wiser with no regard to age for that matter. But if his or her actions are not in accordance to the wisdom they claim to have then they really are not very wise.

This is an area I need to be careful with in my own life. It's way too easy to give the appearance of wisdom and offer advice to people (whether they want it or not) when my own actions don't measure up. It is better to do what is right and keep my mouth shut than to spout off all sorts of stuff and not have my life measure up.

No comments: