Monday, August 19, 2013

Marsha's Musings: My List is Too Long! Help!

I need some help here.  How do you decide what should be a priority and what should just be struck off the list?

My list is way too long!  I have way too many things on it.  I have too many things that require lots of time to complete.  I simply can't do it all.

We are not a family of great means.  We have enough to live comfortably but not enough to be spending large amounts on landscaping projects (which we badly need).

We need to hire a landscaper and then someone to maintain it all on a regular basis.  Nathaniel mows and helps with weeding and I weed and work at some projects outside, but between the two of us....it has all gotten out of hand and is so ugly I'm embarrassed to invite people over.

So I'm thinking I need to find ways to bring in extra money so we can keep the property up.

Then there is homeschool.  Nathaniel has two more years left.  That is time consuming and I will be taking a bone head college English Grammar class with him in Sept to improve my own writing skills.

I'm hoping to take some English tests soon at Cloudcrowd so I can get job assignments in editing and proofreading that will pay me a little income.

I badly need to organize and do some deep cleaning in the house.  My kids do vacuuming and laundry, garbage and dishes....well, sort of...now that Sarah is killing herself doing housekeeping at the local nursing home, I have been taking up the slack on most of her chores at home. So that is added to my list.

Then there is PCHE Yearbook.  I am working on the staff of that.  Two more years to go and I'm done!  At least I am no longer in charge, but I still put in quite a bit of time.

Let's see, what else?  I want to do some reading on marriage relationships plus some other reading for enrichment.

I have stacks of scrapbooking projects looking me in the face.

My fridge is a disaster.  Oh I wonder how many science experiments lurk in the back of it. Stuff falls out every time I open the door.

Of course there is my blog that I love to write on.  

And there is my list of 15 or so chores that must be done every day.  Plus meals to cook twice a day.

There is the menu planning, grocery shopping, budgeting and bill paying.

Oh, so many things to do....it never ends!  How do I decide what I should be doing when it all cries out to be highest on the priority lists???

No comments: