Monday, October 24, 2011

Worship & Loving the Lord

  Psalm 29:1 Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength.  2 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

I used to wonder, when I read this verse, why we needed to give the Lord strength when He had all the strength He ever could need.  I think I had it all wrong.  We are to give glory to the Lord using our strength to do it.

 Luke 10:27 explains:  "And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself."

This is how we are to love the Lord and worship Him---with our whole being, not just on Sunday but every day of the week in whatever we lay our hand to do.

I have to admit that it is not my first thought as I work on the chores of the day to do it in an attitude of worship toward God.  I need to work on this a lot.
 

No comments: