Friday, October 21, 2011

Assembly of Evildoers

Psalm 26:2 Prove me, O LORD, and try me;
test my heart and my mind.
  3 For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
and I walk in your faithfulness.
  4 I do not sit with men of falsehood,
nor do I consort with hypocrites.
5 I hate the assembly of evildoers,
and I will not sit with the wicked.


 Couldn't help but think of the Occupy protests going on when I read this passage.  They have some valid complaints but they are not helping the problem any.


They are mad at the corporations for running the country with their big contributions to politicians and they are mad at the government for bowing to the the corporations.  So what do they do?

They go set up tent cities on Wall Street and incite protests in other cities and even across the globe, some of which become violent.  They leave their trash all over the place and refuse to move so the city employees can clean up the mess.  They require the cities where they are to spend more money on police force to keep things from getting violent.  They disrupt the public peace in various ways and in various places and they think this is going to help solve the problems they are complaining about?


How is causing a ruckus, and making a nuisance of themselves going to solve the problems of big corporations running the country by their huge political contributions?   I was invited by a person to go find a group near me and join the cause in order to help solve the problems they are complaining about.  Psalm 26:4-5 spoke to me in this regard.  


A local DJ is in New York right now. He held his cell phone up for people here to hear what is going on.  It sounded loud and unruly from what my daughter said she heard.  He said he was just on the fridge of the protest.  Asked if he would go into the middle of the crowd, he said, "No, are you kidding me?  These people don't look friendly!"  


5 I hate the assembly of evildoers,
and I will not sit with the wicked.



No comments: