Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Journal Entry Sept. 21, 2011 Insomnia;Job Offer;Bible Verses

I woke up much too early...4am. I finally napped for a little bit before having to rise for the day. But I only got about 4 to 4 and a half hours sleep last night. Not enough.

My goose egg has gone down and now I have a lovely shade of blue above and to the side of my left eye. I thought about getting blue eye shadow to make the other eye match, but most people wear eye shadow on their eyelids not above their eyebrows. I'm afraid I'd get put away if I did that. Someone suggested I could shave my eyebrows off and pencil in new higher ones and put the eye shadow below them. N remarked that I would have skyscraper eyebrows then. S said they would disappear if I wrinkled up my forehead. So I guess I'll just settle for lopsided until the bruising goes away.

S got a call from SEL and they offered her the job. But she turned them down. After looking into the transportation options we discovered she would be away from home 12 hours a day. All she would be doing is working, eating and sleeping. There would be no time to enjoy the fruit of her labors as she would be too exhausted to be able too. She politely told the gal that while she was extremely interested in wanting to work for SEL, it would not work for her in P... She needs a job locally. They told her to reapply in three to six months and maybe something would be open here at their local plant. S and us had mixed feelings about turning away a good job, but we figured it was better she turn it down then to start work up there and realize after several weeks that she just couldn't hack the hours and quit. We are praying the Lord will provide her with a good job else where or open up a spot for her in the local SEL plant. It is discouraging to say the very least.

I liked my Bible reading today. Two verse that were good: "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." and "It is the Lord who goes before you. Her will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. do not fear or be dismayed."

No comments: