Thursday, September 29, 2011

In my Bible reading today....

Today I read in Joshua where the Commander of the Lord's army appears to Joshua.


The Commander of the LORD’s Army
 13When Joshua was by Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing before him with his drawn sword in his hand. And Joshua went to him and said to him, "Are you for us, or for our adversaries?" 14And he said, "No; but I am the commander of the army of the LORD. Now I have come." And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped and said to him, "What does my lord say to his servant?" 15And the commander of the LORD’s army said to Joshua, "Take off your sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy." And Joshua did so.

Some might think it was an angel, but I don't think so.  Angels are never worshiped in scripture.  In fact whenever someone tried to worship and angel the angel always told them to get up.  I believe this was a manifestation of Jesus Christ.  


You see Christ allowing men to bow down and worship him while men are forbidden to worship angels everywhere in the Bible.  In Joshua he is called the Commander of the Lord's army and in Hebrews 2 he is called the captain of salvation.

10For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Marsha, for sharing this with me!!!

I became blinded by Satan's lies, but thanks to my Lord Jesus Christ I now see again!!!

It feels so good to know that Jesus Christ, truly is my Lord and Savior, and I know now that there is no other that could ever take His place!!!

God's blessings to you Marsha!!!