Tuesday, July 05, 2011

At Church Sunday

Our pastor was preaching a sermon on Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God? The sermon was on humility.

He made a point saying that if we neglect prayer and Bible reading it is a sign of pride because we think we can get along without God.  I was writing notes fast and  furiously.  When he said that, I wrote in parenthesis, "My schedule is more important than God."

Really, if I don't take time to pray and spend time getting God's perspective for my day, and I just blow past Him so I can get on with my day and my schedule, isn't this like saying, my stuff and my schedule is too important to take time out with Him?  Isn't this a form of pride?

Absolutely.  You know, that kind of stung when I realized the application here.

No comments: