Friday, May 06, 2011

Lessons from the Decorah Eagles: Preparation

Proverbs 31:21 She is not afraid of snow for her household, For all her household is clothed with scarlet.

For two days we watched as the parent eagles gorged their babies with food.  It seemed every time  we looked they were bringing in prey and feeding their young.  They also brought in lots of extra nesting materials and spent time fluffing up the nest.  It seemed they were preparing for something.

The next day I got up and turned on the computer to check on the eagles.  I couldn't see a thing.  The camera was covered with ice and snow for part of the morning.  It seemed the eagles knew bad weather was coming.  
They prepared their babies for long hours without food by filling them full for two days before.  They had prepared their nest for the cold by bringing in more nesting materials to keep them warmer.

It was an example of preparation.  The Proverbs 31 wife is described as not being afraid of the snow for her family because she has prepared them ahead of time for the cold.  She is never idle, but looks ahead and prepares herself and her family for the future.  

God also prepares for His own for the future: 

John 14:2-6 "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. "And where I go you know, and the way you know." Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

No comments: