Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Good Day

Realized last night that my husband was scheduled to drive to a meeting 2 hrs and 20 minutes from home today.
 
He falls asleep when he drives long distance, so I quickly cleared my schedule and went with him.  My kids held the fort down at home.
 
We got up to rain.  But by the time we got to our destination it was bright and sunny.  Very nice.  I am not allowed in the office. They are afraid I might hear something confidential, I guess.  But it was so nice I just sat out in the parking lot in the car with the door open most the day or on the grass. 
 
I spent a long time reading from my Kindle & keeping touch with the home base by facebook on my Kindle.  Rick and I ate lunch at McDonalds.
 
We left town around 3pm for home.  We almost got in a fender bender when all the drivers got distracted with a small roadside wildfire on the way out of town.
 
Later we got held up for a very short wait in Waitsburg when part of a very large windmill was being taken around a corner.
 
We got home around 5:30 and my daughter had dinner cooked for us and the table set.  It was so nice after a long trip.
 
I am thankful tonight for my nephew and his family's safety as I had monitored their facebook posts all day.  Their town was hit by a tornado.  Some lost their homes but they did not and they are safe.
 
God is good.  It's been a good day.
Sufficient Grace for Suffering Saints
http://middings.blogspot.com

No comments: