Thursday, August 13, 2009

How Long?

Psalm 74
10 O God, how long will the adversary reproach? Will the enemy blaspheme Your name forever?
This is a question I ask too.

12 ¶ For God is my King from of old, Working salvation in the midst of the earth.
16 The day is Yours, the night also is Yours; You have prepared the light and the sun.
17 You have set all the borders of the earth; You have made summer and winter.
I need to remember Who God is. I should never lose sight or perspective of the God I love and worship even in the midst of wickedness in high places within our nation.

18 ¶ Remember this, that the enemy has reproached, O LORD, And that a foolish people has blasphemed Your name.
19 Oh, do not deliver the life of Your turtledove to the wild beast! Do not forget the life of Your poor forever.
22 Arise, O God, plead Your own cause; Remember how the foolish man reproaches You daily.
Prayer for God to deliver and to act in such a way as to bring glory to His own good name~to plead His own cause is appropriate. However, I need to remember that God doesn't always answer in the way that I think He should. His plans and His thoughts are far higher than mine and He may choose to act in a way that totally baffles me and that I don't understand, yet, He always acts in great wisdom and His plan will prevail in the end. It is times like these when the true essence of trust in God is made clear.

No comments: