Saturday, August 15, 2009

Devotional: The Lord Alone

The Lord Alone
By Marsha Iddings

Deuteronomy 32:12 So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.

It was the Lord alone that led them. I find the word alone to be significant. No one but the Lord gets the glory.

In Mark 9 the disciples go up on the mountain with Jesus, and Moses and Elijah appear there with Him. Excited, they want to build three tabernacles, one for each of them. But God the Father interrupts them. "And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves."

The Lord alone. Jesus only. As I think of my own life and see how God has carried me and led me through wilderness, desert times, I must ask, "Who have I given the glory to for it?" Some credit past or present church leaders, departed loved ones, saints, friends, family and the list goes on. Have I given the glory to the Lord God alone? It's a convicting question.

No comments: