Friday, July 17, 2009

Marsha's Musings: This Boils it all Down to What's Important

I have found two verses that boil the Christian life down to what is really important. Ready? Here they are.
Ecclesiastes 12:13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Psalm 27:4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

1. Fear God

2. Keep his commandments

3. Constantly seek the Lord

4. Worship the Lord & seek His glory (behold his beauty)

5. Seek His direction for your life. (enquire in his temple)

6. Remember that God will bring every secret thing into judgment and that is why I should seekto do all of the above.

If I can keep this foremost in my mind and heart it will make a difference in what I do with the time God gives me each day. What do you think?


No comments: