Saturday, June 20, 2009

Devotion: My Way or God's Way?

My Way or God's Way?

By Marsha Iddings

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.



God's "work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment."



Matthew Henry says, “His work is perfect:” that of redemption and salvation, in which there is a display of all the Divine perfection, complete in all its parts. All God's dealings with his creatures are regulated by wisdom which cannot err, and perfect justice. He is indeed just and right; he takes care that none shall lose by him."



Because God's work is perfect, our thoughts will not always line up with His. Consider the following:



Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.



It has been said, If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.



I read a devotional today that stated that whatever dream God has put into our hearts He will bring to completion. If it is for healing, or financial turn-around, or a legal dispute to be resolved, God will bring it to completion and finish it because He is the author and finisher of our faith. I have serious questions about this. How do I know that my dream is put there by God and that it's not just my own desires? How do I know that my dream of a particular outcome is what God has planned? Remember, "my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."



God works in perfect wisdom and justice in all His dealings with His children. Sometimes we don't understand what He is doing and feel He is being unjust and unfair, but He is the author and finisher of our faith and will bring to completion the good work that He started in our hearts. It is the work of saving, justifying and sanctifying us so that we are fit for heaven.



Philippians 1:6 tells us, "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"



What are you confident of? That God will make all your dreams come true or that God will complete the good work that He began in you? The two may not be the same.



Sufficient Grace Publishing

http://stores.lulu.com/marsha-iddings

Sufficient Grace for Suffering Saints

http://middings.blogspot.com

The Aroma of Change

http://aromaofchange.blogspot.com


No comments: