God is faithful. None of these things move me...that I might finish my race with joy...and testify to the gospel of the grace of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 12:9; Acts 20:24 Coram Deo~Living Before the Face of God
Thursday, March 23, 2006
God Is Faithful
Psalm 119:74 ¶ They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word.
75 ¶ I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.
These verses stood out to me in my Bible reading today. I wrote the following in my journal:
"This section stands out to me. When everything screams out that God is not fair, that he is treating me unfairly, it all comes down to will I trust Him or not. Will I trust His judgements are right when it looks like everything is against me? It says He has afflicted me in His faithfulness. It seem like an oxymoron. But is it? Romans 8:28 says, " And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Verse 29 says, " For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren." In His faithfulness he has afflicted me that I would be driven to Him, learn to be dependent on Him and that He would be able to conform me more to the image of His Son."
As I think further on verse 74, I think of what an encouragement it has been to me when I have seen someone going through a dark time in their life and yet they have continued to hope in God's Word. This gives me encouragement to do the same in my trials.
When your circumstances scream out that God is not good or fair, hang on to it that He is faithful. He is good and He does have a good purpose for it all.
1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
Dear Father, Your Word says that Your judgements are right and that You are faithful. Please help me to hang on to this in difficult times, knowing that whatever you do is according to Your good plan and purpose. Help me to rest in this fact when everything else seems to scream the opposite. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment